Tuesday, February 15, 2005

27th Jan..........17th Feb (600 days...)

Hi bloggy..finally found time to write in my personal entry...

Why the dates stated above? Well, these 2 days are pretty interesting for me this year. Interesting? Yes...27th Jan's my birthday. This year's special, to me at the very least. Spent my first birthday on my own since I can remember. The feeling's one of which, where lonely's really an understatement. Zihui's in Shanghai, followed by the fact that I'm really tired from school work and hall activities, I decided to spend it alone. Come to think of it, I've not had a day which I don't have to worry about school work and hall stuffs for quite sometime. So, in a sense, coming back to my room after lessons, making a trip to JP on my own, doing my own shopping for grocery, it seems like the simple life I've alwayz been thinking about :) A quiet, peaceful 23rd birthday.

It may be because of all the personal time I had in the day, when I manage to see my dear Zihui online at night, I was truly overjoyed! My dear gal hasn't been able to get online for the few days before the 27th even though she has installed her wireless LAN. Both of us's been pretty frustrated that we weren't able to get her computer up for the past few days. Before this, I was actually resigned to fate that I won't be able to see my dear for a few more days. So, you could really sense my delight when I was surprised by an invitation to view my dear gal's webcam and to get to see her image online!

To add to that, my dear Zihui actually prepared a gift box for me before she flew over to Shanghai. It's contents: More boxes. Instructions: to open 1 small box every other month (Dec, Feb, Apr etc) until she returns from Shanghai. Though it's not Feb yet, I requested to open the second small parcel my Zihui's prepared for me. She agreed.

Honestly, I don't think I can describe the feeling I felt at that particular moment, when i read the message within (No way I'm gonna type here!! :P) and the little "kiss" enclosed. Touched..Yes..close to tears? No. It's in tears. No matter how hard I tried to hold back the tears, they came down. My first time. Nope. Not to cry, but to cry laughing, smiling and in delight...confusing feelings I would say. My first time feeling this. It's a very strange feeling, something I've never felt in my life before. My dear's gift really did wonders. It brightened an otherwise dull and quiet birthday I had on the 27th Jan.

2 days more before I know this extraordinary girl of mine for 600 days. It's slightly over a year, but during this short period of 600 days, we've shared soo soo many different experiences together. The feeling of separation, getting back together again, going overseas together, learning to dive together, planned and gone on a backpacking trip together, studying together...the many many things we did together. It not only opened my eyes to the new world, but further emphasized to me the importance of having a companion is to every individual in this world, and that, I've really found the companion that God has chosen and bestowed upon me, to take care of and to be cherished by me.

Thank you Zihui, for the many many wonderful experiences we shared and the many many more experiences we have ahead of us. I Love You...