Saturday, June 25, 2005

(Drenched...) Treetop trail...

It was a cloudy and humid saturday morning...

*Rrriiiiiiii~~~~ng*

Ah.. my dear's voice over the telephone.. :) a Delightful start to the day!
However, my eyes refused to obey the brains, and i fell back into a short slumber soon after, only to shock myself up at 8am.. oh great.. I'm gonna be late!

Met up with my JC mates, Eugene and Hanqiang, at BK in Thomson plaza...found out that the treetop-walking party was left with the 3 of us..Oh well..What the heck, we juz continue with our plan and set off towards the treetop trail...

Entering Venus drive, the only things worth mentioning would have to be the monkeys we saw, swinging around on the trees beside the walkway and the occasional cars driving past the three of us, into Island country club..

*BLANK*

Ah! The trail..looks kinda scary..it shakes! Reminds me of the bridge across the shallow waters in Sentosa, the one that goes over to the southernmost tip of the continent? *Ring a bell?*
Looking to the left, trees...to the right, more trees! Eugene took some pics of the place.. hope it came up well.. the only nice view i kept with me has to be the sight of MacRitchie Reservoir to the far right of the treetop walkway...

*BLANK*

Sky darkened...The 3 of us rushed on..into the jungle trails.. reminds me of the time i had this topo exercise in the same area..juz before going for an overseas jungle survival training. Before long, rain fell. Was worried for my handphone and wallet.. plus.. i didn't carry an umbrella like my friends..had to put my valuables under their care.. Went on in the rain.. Eugene tried to shield me from the rain with his umbrella, but my sharing of his umbrella really slowed our pace down.. With no significant shelter in sight, (unless u're looking at spots covered by any form of thick canopy), we had to hasten our pace.. decided to walk in the rain, with my newpaper! ;)

Love walking in the rain.. When was the last time u walked in the rain, with nothing significant to worry about, juz strolling and skipping ard, happy to get yourself drenched?

Eugene: I stopped walking in the rain after the chapter on Acid rain in Secondary School...
HQ & SL: haha...

Practical chaps.. very reliable and great frens to have.. :)

Saw some couples, walking hand in hand in the rain.. how i wish my dear was with me.. we'd walk in the rain, stroll and be happy in each other's company.. Getting home afterwards, dry ourselves up before tucking in for a nice hot bowl of soup, doing all these while watching the falling rain through the window.. one way of spending a nice, quiet weekend together :)

Finally.. the days that's past surpassed the number of days left.. 190 days.. seems like a long long time though.. however, it's heartening to see the number of days passed greater than that of what's left.. Really miss hugging my dear, holding her close to me.. her warm embrace and her comforting hands...

Wish these 190 days will pass by soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home